Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! This is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where a new top ten list hits the web every week!
This week our topic is . . .
“TOP TEN QUOTES FROM BOOKS I READ IN THE PAST YEAR OR SO”
10) “Keep that hate alive in your heart, lad. It’ll warm you when nothing else will.”
― Brian Keene, King of the Bastards
9) “I will continue to judge on the content of character and not the shape or color of a mortal coil. My heart demands no less of me, my spiritual peace must be held as the utmost goal.”
― R.A. Salvatore, Archmage
8) “There is no man in creation who is not your brother. No woman not your sister, no child not your own. For all suffer the Plague, righteous and sinful alike. And all must band together to withstand the night.”
― Peter V. Brett, The Desert Spear
7) “People with nothing better to do, dreaming up ways to make easy things difficult.”
― Joe Abercrombie, The Blade Itself
6) “Expect the worst and you can’t be disappointed. Optimism is the luxury of the young, the foolish and the dullard.”
― Luke Scull, The Grim Company
5) “Dive deep into your psychopathy. Let loose the demons of delusion and know, in the end, when they finally devour you, you swam with sharks. —VERSKLAVEN SCHWACHE, GEFAHRGEIST PHILOSOPHER”
― Michael R. Fletcher, Beyond Redemption
4) “Why is it that if a lord or a king sends you to kill a man, it’s somehow noble? But if you do this for yourself, it’s murder?”
— Jon Sprunk, Shadow’s Son
3) “Rumor’s the slut you bend over a chair and never see again. Truth’s the lady you wed.”
— Jeff Salyards, Veil of the Deserters
2) “There’s a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It’s not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey.”
― Mark Lawrence, Emperor of Thorns
1) “I consider myself to be a man of principle. But, what man does not? Even the cutthroat, I have noticed, considers his actions “moral” after a fashion.
Perhaps another person, reading of my life, would name me a religious tyrant. He could call me arrogant. What is to make that man’s opinion any less valid than my own?
I guess it all comes down to one fact: In the end, I’m the one with the armies.”
― Brandon Sanderson, The Final Empire
I’m not familiar with any of these books but those are some good quotes there. I only know of Mistborn (I own those and I’m excited to read them 😀 ). Happy reading!
Here’s my post https://ireadboooks.wordpress.com/2015/11/17/14-books-id-buy-if-i-had-unlimited-book-depository-credit/
LikeLiked by 1 person
#4 does bring up a good question.
Fairly ironic if you think about it, but very true.
There are SO many great quotes from The Bloodsounder’s Arc!
True. Braylar was my favorite though. God, the guy was a sarcasm machine. Loved every second of it. 🙂
Great quotes – I’m really looking forward to starting the Jeff Salyard series so nice to see a quote from that.
Hope you enjoy it. Book one was slow, but it was realistic and set the foundation for a great series. 🙂
Pingback: WRAP-UP — NOVEMBER 2015 |